Update KUWAIT PCA
In order to start implementation of Energy Efficiency in Kuwait, Minister of Commerce and Industry has decided to ban importation of certain lighting products.
This update will be in force starting from 1st August 2017 (date of arrival of goods in Kuwait).
Importing, manufacturing, trading or circulating of the following products will not be allowed (will be illegal) starting from 1st August 2017:
- Incandescent tungsten filament lamps for general lighting purpose for household and commercial (230V, 240V) especially E27, E14 and B22.
- Halogen Lamps that are used as replacements to the above.
- Halogen lamps that are operating on 12V, or with transformers operates on 230-240V.
Industrial lamps are not included.
- Other halogen lamps will be banned starting from 1st September 2018 to be replaced by LED lamps.
Main points to be kept in mind:
- All the above dates are the dates of arrival, and no shipment will be cleared on 1st August onwards, even if it was shipped earlier.
- This decree is issued by the minister of commerce and industry in cooperation with ministry of water and electricity and other authorities and hence implementation will be by all the authorities in Kuwait and not only PAI.