SGS 2018 HALF YEAR RESULTS
SGS reports solid performance in H1 and confirms its full year guidance.
The SGS Group performed strongly in the first semester reporting total revenue of CHF 3.3 billion:
- Strong organic growth was achieved across the entire business portfolio, as the Group continues to build its offering to customers
- Total revenue increased by 6.5% (of which 5.6% organic) on a constant currency basis to CHF 3.3 billion
- Adjusted operating income grew 9.2% on a constant currency basis to CHF 481 million
- Adjusted operating income margin improved to 14.6%
- Minerals and Governments and Institutions achieved double-digit revenue growth of 13.8% and 11.1% respectively
- 7 acquisitions completed
- The Group paid a dividend of CHF 577 million
These results, in line with 2018 expectations, position SGS as the leader in organic growth in the Testing, Inspection and Certification Market and underline the Group’s focus on delivering long-term value for customers, shareholders and society.
The Group expects to deliver solid organic revenue growth and higher adjusted operating income margin on a constant currency basis, and a continuation of its robust cash flow generation.